Once again I'm a foreigner. Un extranjero. Didn't really dawn on me until I was at my gate for my Auckland flight. Even then it didn't immediately. I guess the 20 or so 13-14yr olds dressed in matching outfits didn't help. Wish I would've gotten a picture. Matching black Adidas running pants, the ones that taper at the ankle. Matching red, black, and white training jackets-at first I thought they were Canadian but the navy blue t-shirts w/ USA running down the front in huge letters gave them away.
Then as more people started arriving, it became clear it wasn't another domestic flight. The clothes were the give away. It's mostly for the younger crowd. 80's fluorescent DC' low tops. Well our youngins do the same thing I suppose. Time will tell. Just seemed that US pop culture is our calling card. Makes sense when one thinks about it...United States Popular Culture. Speaks for itself... Forgive me. I'm exhausted.
What's a pavlova? And why is that the most popular thing to eat kiwis on?
Accents. As soon as I speak I'm gonna stick out... But what makes me think I don't already?
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Pavlova is delicious and I hope you mean "kiwifruit". I think you're going to have some angry Kiwi's if you're eating their endangered darling bird. Take a look at the NZ airforce logo if you want to see some serious Kiwi intimidation. :)
Post a Comment