Monday, February 4, 2008

Flying at 37,000 ft. Patriots are up 10-3 over the Giants. Alice Smith is my iPod. Somehow I've pulled this off--getting to my flight to Ciudad de Guatemala that is. This has been a long time coming. Hay Dios Mio has it been a long time coming. Over a year of thinking about this. But the last 2-3 months have been hell. Been quite a lesson in how not to plan a trip. Really hope the feelings brought up in January have sunk in enough so I don't pull this shit again. Baby steps yeah, but damn, spread'em out over 6 months instead of 2. Anyway. I'm here. Flying to Ciudad de Guatemala. Have 2 overstuffed bags for 3.5 months (by the way, I left 2 days later b/c I had too much stuff to do at the end.-Gotta run the experiment though. First time for everything), a plane ticket to and from and accommodations for the first week. Other than that, I'm a pack mule roaming around Latin America. Once I get to the hotel in Guate, I think it will all sink in. Until then, I'm going to....rest.

No comments: